The easiest way to save money when buying a car is to buy a used car instead of a new car. When purchasing a new car, a substantial amount of its value is depreciated as soon as the car is driven from the showroom and more of its value is lost from its original price during the first year of its life. When purchasing a used car, the first owner would be the one suffering from the loss of value and additionally it will be purchased at a bargain since its price will be much lower compared to its original price. When buying a used car one must consider the need for maintenance and extended warranty. If you are planning to buy a used car, please find below the most important factors to consider to purchase the right car hassle-free and at the best price.
How to buy a used car
The process of buying a used car can be tedious and stressful, especially if you do not follow the right steps that ensure you choose a suitable car at the best price with the least possible effort.
The right steps are as follows:
- Determine the price of the car according to your budget: First of all, you must determine the budget that you will allocate for your purchase. The budget should be determined based on your monthly income or the amount you can access through a finance company.
- Look for the right car: One of the most important things that you should think about when buying a used car is searching for the right car that suits your needs, as you must take into consideration its size (whether a small car or a four-door sedan or a large family size), specifications and features you require/desire.
- Choose a well-known website for buying and selling cars: Choosing a well-known car buying and selling site is crucial to a fast and safe purchase. It is best for you to search for sites that offer trusted and advanced car buying and selling services, such as the Motorgy. Motorgy offers cars that are pre-inspected and guaranteed which allows you to buy a car you can trust.
- Request service history record for the car: You can request a record of the car's service history (if available) in order to see the maintenance that was performed and its dates, and from here you can know the history of the car in detail. If the service history is not available, then a careful and trusted inspection is required.
- Inspect the car carefully: If a car grabs your attention and you decide to buy it, you must conduct a thorough car inspection to know the exact condition of the vehicle. It is very important for the inspection to cover the cars mechanical, electrical, interior, exterior, and underneath body condition to check for any damages, accidents, and mechanical/electrical conditions. This inspection provides you with a clear understanding on the overall condition of the car and ensures that you know the exact condition of the car you are buying and importantly are paying the right price for it.
- Test drive the car: The experience of driving a used car may reveal to you many things that you didn't know existed such as defects, in addition to that you may not feel comfortable while driving it, or its engine might not be as strong as you wanted, and these things may make you change your decision to purchase and look for another car.
- Negotiate for the best price: After you find the right car that suits your needs, try to negotiate with the owner to get a winning deal. This matter can be difficult and tiring if you are buying the car without any assistance. It is advisable to buy a car through a trusted company such as Motorgy that will ensure you get the best bargain with a trusted hassle-free experience. They negotiate the price on your behalf in order, provide you with a full inspection of the car, and assist with car ownership transfer and logistics.
How to choose the right used car for you
The decision to purchase a used car depends on several important factors that will help you choose the right car and are as follows:
- How many family members do you have? This is important in order to decide on the number of seats that are required for your car, such as five, six, or seven seats.
- Are you going to drive your car most of the time on asphalt roads? Or on rough and unpaved roads?
- Are your daily trips long? If you answered yes, you will probably need a car with less fuel consumption.
- Do you need a car with 4 wheel drive?
- Do you require or prefer specific features in your car? Such as a rear vision camera, leather seats, center display that supports Apple Car Play or Android Auto?
- What safety systems are important to you? Do you want, for example, the blind spot monitoring system, the lane departure warning system, the reverse warning system, or the automatic emergency braking system?
- How much storage space do you need to hold all your things? This helps you determine your storage requirements.
- Will you use child seats? If so, child seat latches are important or child seat friendly cars in the case of unavailable latches.
- Will you use the car to tow things such as a trailer or a caravan?
After you answer these questions, you will definitely find the right car!, And you can find it here on Motorgy.